Earth is what we all have in common, the environment is where we all meet and where we all have a mutual interest. Earth is the one thing all of us share! 🌍
Earth Day and Environment Day are annual celebrations honouring our planet; dedicated to raise awareness of the importance of long-term ecological sustainability. It is a day to bring people together to encourage discussions and take action on plastic pollution, climate crisis, environmental protection, political change, and human behaviour. It offers an opportunity to celebrate our planet and environment as well as the chance for everyone to come together and work towards building a resilient future.
According to the founder of Earth Day, Gaylord Nelson, our goal is not just to focus on an environment of clean air and water and scenic beauty. Earth Day emphasises that the environment does also include poverty, hunger, and urban blight. The objective is an environment of decency, quality and mutual respect for all other human beings and all living creatures.
- Earth Day, 2022 Theme (22nd April): ‘Invest In Our Planet’
- World Environment Day, 2022 Theme (5th June): ‘Only One Earth’
How can I get involved?
Here are 8 Earth protection activity ideas to help save the planet any time of year;👇
1) Create Awareness & Go Green – Gather and talk to your children and friends about environmental issues and the importance of protecting the planet from things like pollution and deforestation. Encourage discussions on Social Media. Set up campaigns to pick up litter, plant trees and eliminate poverty. Ride bikes or walk to work. Promote unity and say No to War!
2) Be An Empowered Consumer - The future of our earth depends on empowered and informed consumers. So, try to be a socially responsible shopper and purchase sustainably and ethically produced products. Support small businesses, green initiatives, and good causes.
3) Reduce Plastic Use - Avoid using plastic bottles! A plastic bottle can take over 450 years to break down in a landfill. Say No to Plastic Bottles and Straws!
4) Please Recycle - Before throwing something away, think about whether it can be recycled, upcycled or repurposed.♻️
5) Plant Trees - Life is beautiful if you stay close to nature! Roughly 15 billion trees in the world are cut down each year, so help offset that loss by planting a tree of your own. Plant tree species that produce fruits, nuts, or other resources that help people and living creatures. Eat seasonal and local food to halt catastrophic loss of bees and beetles. If your environment or living space does not allow tree planting, try indoor plants in pots.
6) Use Water & Energy Wisely - Turn off the lights and all unnecessary electricity consuming appliances. The majority of our energy still comes from fossil fuels that contribute to climate change. So try conserving electrical energy by using only what you need. Utilise green energy sources for your home, or at least consider it. And don't waste water!
7) Pick Up Litter - Volunteer to clean up your community, beaches, rivers, lakes, trails, and parks.
8) Consider Veganism - It's the perfect time to dip your toes into veganism or at least try more plant-based cooking if it's not something you do often.
🌍 Life Is Beautiful If You Stay United With Nature 🌎
I am a simple person who wants to live a simple life while spreading positivity by helping people around the world. I believe empowerment, mindfulness and sustainability are interconnected to create an equal, peaceful and prosperous world. I hope each of us can try to be a little bit ethical, so that the world will be a better place to live.
🌴 OUR COLLECTION 🌴
We tell you stories of personal encounters, insights, anecdotes, experiences, and our learnings. Hopefully, we make your day just a tad bit brighter. You know us as a brand, but we’d like to be something more. Well-wishers or friends maybe? Please do write back to us if you like something we send you. We’d love to hear from you.
If you would like to contribute anecdotes, stories, or knowledge, and be part of Neitiv family, please get in touch at email@example.com
✊Empowerment | 🧘♀️Mindfulness | 🌎Sustainability